Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Hmm... Interesting Dream

Yesterday I had a weird dream...


I woke up at 6:55 AM when my alarm went off.  I made the mistake of falling back asleep for the next 40 minutes and then ended up even more tired.  However, during this time, I had a very weird dream.


//begin dream
Alfred and I had just finished eating at Sushi Teriyaki on 5th and PCH.  We had crossed the street (PCH) and then I go, "crap, I forgot my wallet back at the restaurant." So I have to go back and get it.  I decide to wait for no cars and then I bolt across the street.  As soon as I get across the street, I hear sirens.  Lame.  Cops pull up to me and get me for jaywalking.  The cops ask me for my license and I tell them I don't have it because I left it in the restaurant.  So they tell me that we can go in and they ask me if I know that so and so teacher (forget name) lives there.  I tell them that I don't know who that teacher is and we proceed to go inside the restaurant.


Once we get in the restaurant, I go to the line and ask them if they have seen my wallet.  They say no and proceed to talk to the cops.  Apparently the cops come here a lot and are good friends. Weird.  The cops order some food and I'm still trying to talk to the cashier lady to see if she's found my wallet.  She is busy and occupied. There are now a group of what appear to be 4 high school girls in line.  The girls have a ton of these coupons and the cashier lady says that she can't accept them.  The girls don't have enough money to pay for their meal so they bust out their report cards and ask the cashier lady if they can get a discount due to good grades.  The cashier lady says no.  She goes on to mention that maybe they could ask the teacher that lives upstairs to come down and help them out because the teacher gets a group discount.  The high school girls ask each other if they have the teacher's number.  The girl who seemed like she was the head of the group checked her phone and said yes she does.  So they proceed to call him up.


Meanwhile, I am still standing there in line (mind you, the front of the line) waiting to see if I can find my wallet.  I look over at the cops.  They are eating and enjoying themselves.  I need my wallet.  I ask cashier lady and she point me to a stack of receipts and credit cards.  For some reason there are just receipts and credit cards in a pile.  I don't know why.  I sift through that pile and of course, my wallet is right in the middle of it.  I give the cashier lady a weird look, grabbed my wallet, and went to sit with the police officers.


I get to the table where the cops are sitting and they ask me for my license and I hand it to them.  They look at it and then ask me if I knew what I was doing earlier [jaywalking].  I say yes and I apologize and tell them that I was just in a rush to get my wallet back.  They tell me that I'll have to check in with them now.  I ask them what they mean.  They say "if you get into any sort of mix-ups, you will have to call us and let us know." I ask them to explain.  The cops say "if you find yourself with llamas or elephants, you will need to call us." I was confused.  I say to them "so if I were to drive down to San Diego and go to the Wild Animal Park and see llamas or elephants, I'd have to call you guys?"  The cops look at me with this kind of pissed off look and say "No.  If you get into trouble with the police, you will have to let us know."  I say "oh... I understand." (but not really understanding because I didn't see the point of the llamas and elephants.


//end dream


I then woke up and had to go to work.


So the dream had 2 elements that I thought may have been relevant to real life.  1) rushing in life and 2) police officers.  The first one is because I have a busy week.  Monday night = flag football night. Tuesday night = basketball night.  Wednesday night = work with team to get presentations/homework done. Thursday night = present the team projects on campus. Thursday night + Friday morning = work to get homework done for Friday afternoon.  Friday night = relax.  So maybe all of the things that were going on in my head caused the weird dream of mine?  The second is police officers.  On my way snowboarding on Saturday, I drove through the intersection when it was completely green.  It was one of those intersections that has cameras and will snap a picture of you if you run the red light.  I think the camera took a picture of me :(.  I don't really know why though because it was completely green.  It wasn't even yellow yet.  So maybe I'm paranoid.  Anyways, random dream and I don't even know why I just spent so much time writing about it.  Oh well.


I have very vivid dreams.  They are pretty cool.

1 comment:

  1. i h8 you! can't believe i just wasted my time reading about that... :)

    ReplyDelete