Thursday, February 25, 2010

Mixed Veggies!

Today I was eating lunch in the cafeteria. I got the quarter chicken with 2 sides. This was nothing new. I've purchased this before. My two sides are usually the same as well. Stuffing and mixed vegetables. But today turned out to be slightly different. I finished the chicken and finished the stuffing. I was happily munching on my mixed vegetables when I bit into what I thought might've been asparagus. I guess I could've went and asked the cafeteria people if this was really asparagus, but I figured it probably wasn't and that maybe I tricked myself or something. So I continued to finish the mixed vegetables.


//begin sidenote.


I've been eating a TON of frozen mixed vegetables lately.  I went out on a limb maybe half a year ago and purchased a bag of frozen green beans from Von's. I always enjoyed fresh green beans, but being the fairly lazy person that I am, I did not want to go through the hassle of washing, then cutting, then cooking the green beans. So frozen it was. I have not been eating bags of both frozen green beans AND frozen sugar snap peas. The Von's kind are much better than the Albertson's kind. I want to try other frozen vegetables to see if they are also good. Perhaps broccoli. Although broccoli doesn't sound like it would be that good frozen. I don't know why. Instead of cooking them on a stove like any normal human being, I "pseudo-steam" in the microwave. Put some vegetables in a bowl, add some garlic/salt/pepper, cover with another plate, and nuke it for like 2 minutes and 30 seconds. Out comes deliciousness. Or...close to deliciousness. Any recommendations on frozen vegetables?


//end sidenote.


I wonder if they sell the same type of mixed vegetables in the frozen aisle. Broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, zucchini, and maybe asparagus? Anyways, I was still curious about whether or not they put in asparagus. From what I remember, asparagus isn't that cheap so I wondered why it would be in there.  I finished my lunch and didn't think more of it.


<<<<< fast forward 30 minutes later <<<<<


It was asparagus. How did I know? I went to the bathroom because I needed to pee. It smelled like asparagus. I'm glad no one was in the bathroom with me because I was definitely chuckling to myself. I left the bathroom with a smile on my face. Oh the simple pleasures of life.


Moral of the story: If you ever wonder if what you are eating is asparagus but feel like it's weird to ask, just have patience. You will know soon enough.

1 comment:

  1. dude. no more posts from you! that was the most random and waste of my time post in the world!!! HAHA. you're fired.

    glad you found out it was asparagus. but what if your pee don't smell it?

    ReplyDelete