Friday, April 2, 2010

Absent Minded

I have a pretty good memory.  It's proved to be helpful throughout the years, both in academics and just... well life in general.  I wouldn't necessarily say I have a photographic memory, but I do a fairly decent job remembering things that happen both directly to me and around me.  However, with this said, I seem to also do a very good job at losing stuff.  I'll remember later how I lost it, but by then it'll be too late.  Or sometimes I won't even remember how I lost it, I'll just know that it went away.


Since Tuesday, I have not been able to find my watch.  I've been going to work without one and that just feels odd to me.  Ever since I can remember, I've always had a watch and whenever people ask me the time, I always glance down at it and provide a prompt answer.  Last night someone asked what time it was.  I looked down only to see my bare wrist.  :(.  Boo.  I wanted to find my watch!  I searched everywhere I could for it, thinking that it was in my pant, jackets, car, car... and car.  [my car is a mess, so I had to look here multiple times.]  I couldn't find it and I was upset because this would've been the second watch I've lost.  I am quite proficient at losing things.  And if it's the first time I lose something, I don't feel as bad. [I somehow justify it in my mind that it's ok...]  But second time, well that's just unacceptable.  


//begin sidenote of things I can remember losing
1) Watch - snowboard trip, I claim that it fell off my hand... over my gloves... and lost somewhere in the snow.  I don't really know what happened
2) Camera charger - same snowboard trip.  Left in the room.  Remembered on the way back home
3) Prescription sunglasses - when I was younger and lived in Pittsburgh.  Left them sitting somewhere in Chinese school
4) Neoprene ankle wrap - wore to weekend retreat because I had just sprained ankle a few weeks ago playing basketball.  I left it on the cabin bed :(
5) Neoprene ankle wrap - DANG IT.  SECOND ONE.  Lost this one somehow after a flag football game.  Now I only have one.
6) Snowboard goggles - Left these somewhere around the car when coming back from day at snowboarding.
7) Camera - left in rental car on recruitment trip to LA.  Tried to contact the car rental company immediately after, but they said they had already given out car. Lame.
8) Football play holder for wrist - somehow lost this after a flag football game.  Now I need to get another one and remake all my plays!
//end sidenote


So given my relatively extensive history with losing things, imagine my dismay to find out that I have lost my second watch.  I guess watches aren't too expensive, but it was more so the principle of losing things and being completely absent minded that bothered me.  


Friday morning, I check my backpack and find my watch sitting peacefully down at the bottom.  w00t. Mission accomplished.  I won't need to get a new watch.  Hopefully I will be better about losing stuff in the future and keeping track of things that I own.

No comments:

Post a Comment