Friday, March 19, 2010

Good Weekend

Last weekend was an adventure. A fun adventure.


Friday:
It started off with Alfred and I leaving work and heading out to Rowland Heights (Taiwan/Korea) to meet up with Sky for dinner. [Sky was visiting from NY, she normally doesn't live out here].  We were stuck in traffic and traffic is lame.  But we actually made fairly decent time and got there at a reasonable hour.  Dinner that night was Taiwanese food.  I haven't had Taiwanese food in the longest time and I told myself I was going to eat a lot.


We ended up going to a place called Class 302.  Some type of classroom setting atmosphere and chalkboards and wooden tables resembling desks in class.  Check it.



We looked at the menu and I saw that it had Beef Noodle Soup.  Done.  I was planning on getting that.



After I finished, I was still hungry / just wanted to eat more, so I ordered one more bowl of noodle soup.  This time it was Pig's Feet Noodle Soup.  Ok ok, I know that sound gross, but trust me, it's delicious.




I finished both of the noodle soups and I was completely full and felt like a glutton.  Such a pig. [ha..ha..the irony of feeling like a pig after eating pig's feet].  Anyways, I don't think I had food that good in such a long time.  I'm so glad I like Taiwanese food. :)


To top it all off, we got this fancy dessert thing called shaved snow.  It isn't like the typical shaved ice, but it was a lot fluffier and it was incredible.  Mmm... delicious.  


Afterwards... I felt disgusting.  We decided the best thing to do was to talk around for a bit to help digest the food.  We walked around the plaza and then into the next adjacent plaza.  And there it was.  A sign for foot massages. "Foot massage for 15 dollars." I had never seen anything so cheap before and we inquired as to how long it was.  It was for an hour.  Sky called up her relatives and indicated that we might be out a little longer (due to getting the massages) and they gave her the ok so in we we went.  I had heard before in the news that there were a lot of sketchy massage places in these parts of town.  I prayed that it wouldn't be one of these.  Thankfully it wasn't.


All 3 of us sat down on these enormous chairs ready for our foot massages when one of the ladies convinced us that the 30 minute foot / 30 minute body was a much better deal because a full hour of feet might be somewhat boring.  We went with her recommendation.  Soon I found myself face down on my HUGE stomach filled with my HUGE dinner inside while this crazy Chinese lady was literally standing on my back and walking around.  The massage was wonderful.  My stomach, not so much.  But overall, the massage was an interesting experience.  It was pretty decent.  Very random because we weren't planning on getting one, but sometimes spontaneous events can be fun :)  The night was a success.


Saturday:
I woke up early in the morning to head over to Jack's because we were going snowboarding.  We arrived close to 6:00 am and were on our way!  There were 4 of us guys all together and we met 2 more friends at the McDonald's right outside of the exit to Mt. High.  



It was a fun day.  We hit the slopes pretty hard and were able to get a lot of good runs in.  We even attempted to go on larger jumps!  (Still not able to get as much air as we probably would've liked, but fun nonetheless).  I lost my goggles though :(. On our way back, we stopped by the Rowland Heights area for dinner.  It felt totally like deja-vu because I had just been there the previous night.  We were literally driving on the same streets as we had just one day ago.  We got some more delicious food and then made our way back to the South Bay, where we attempted to watch Hurt Locker but that plan failed because we couldn't find it anywhere.


Sunday:
Church for a good portion of the day filled with 2 sermons that were very encouraging to hear.  Hurt Locker eventually happened that night.  No Skype meeting happened on Sunday because I was on spring break!  w00t.  


Good weekend.  Now this week of spring break is over, and it's time to get back into the grind of school!  Only 1.5 months left until freedom.  Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment