Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I Don't Want To Miss A Thing

Tonight I was driving back home from a basketball game and I decide to tune in to 103.5 Love Songs on the KOST.  I think a girl named Lauren dedicated a song to...someone.  Maybe Steve?  I forget.  Anyways, the song that was played was Aerosmith - I Don't Want to Miss a Thing.


The song reminded me of the movie Armageddon, which then reminded me of back when I was in junior high.  I was in Pittsburgh at this time.  We went on some type of winter retreat through AWANA to some .... giant cabin of some sort.  I don't exactly remember where it was or what we really did there, but I do remember watching Armageddon for the first time.  I think I remember really wanting to see it, but never got around to seeing it, so it was fairly convenient that we watched it during our retreat.  I think I also remember having some type of snowball fight during our time at the giant cabin.  The guys stayed downstairs in bunks and the girls stayed way upstairs on the second floor or something.  We probably talked about which girls we liked, if any, before we went to sleep.


I can't believe it's been.... almost 10 years since that time.  A lot of happened since then.  I moved away shortly after that retreat to Michigan.  I started and finished high school.  I started and finish college.  I moved to California and I'm almost done with graduate school.


Sometimes I wonder how life would be different had I stayed in a certain place longer, or had I not moved, or had I gone somewhere else for college, or had I chosen another job.  It's kind of weird to think about.  I wonder if I'm becoming less extroverted.  I enjoy driving by myself in silence and just walking around outside sometimes at night.

I hope my good memory sticks with me as my life continues to unfold, because I really don't want to miss a thing.


***EDIT***
Right after the song ended, I was at the intersection of Aviation and PCH waiting at the traffic light.  I looked next to me and saw a guy sitting his car doing the most obscure thing ever.  He was brushing his teeth.  I wondered... how is he going to do this?  He has to rinse his mouth of all the toothpaste.  How was he going to do this?  He thought of this.  He had 1 bottle to spit in and 1 bottle of water that he used to rinse.  Genius.  He probably had done this before.  My assumption: He was on his way to a date.

2 comments:

  1. HAHA corn dog!!! i wanna see that line in a movie one day. continue to remember the good that the Lord has provided for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought my comment got posted, but I too wonder how things would have turned out differently had I made different choices. Not that things could necessarily be better or worse, but different.

    ReplyDelete